It’s approaching that time of year where we make plans to celebrate the relationship of our closest loved ones and friends. We think that making a handmade gift is one of the most romantic gifts of all and what a better way to sparkle in love with Swarovski crystal hearts!
We heard from design team member Natalie who created her ‘Sweet Valentine’ bracelet using lots of gorgeous Swarovski hearts. What I love most about Natalie’s project is how versatile and affordable it is for everyone to create and personalise. For example, you could easily attach a few Sterling Silver charms, or even turn it into sparkly necklace for a statement piece!
“I have been making jewellery for 5 years now, ranging from wire work to complex beading with seed beads. Seed beads are my favourite medium as I love the versatility that they allow in designs. I also love incorporating Swarovski into my designs and couldn’t resist the Swarovski hearts for my Valentine’s make.
I plan to make my first Ric Rak bracelet this year and have purchased the October calendar kit, which I hope to get started on soon. I’m looking forward to taking part it lots of designer challenges this year and bringing lots of different ideas and designs to beads directs customers!”
HOW TO MAKE IT
Order your materials HERE.
1) Cut a length of chain using cutters 1cm less that your wrist size.
2) Attach a clasp to the length of chain
3) Take a Swarovski heart and attach a jump ring and close it completely.
4) Attach a second jump ring to the first jump ring added and use this to attach to a link of the chain.
5) Add as few or as many hearts to the chain as you wish. I have chosen to add one to each link of chain.
This method could also be used to make a necklace to match.
Thank you for sharing your stunning Valentine bracelet with us Natalie! To see more of Natalie’s designs check out her Facebook page.