This week, I wanted to share my latest bead creation and show you how you can make your own!
I wanted to make a rose design with Beads Directs gorgeous ‘ROSEMIX’ seed bead mix. The mix features lovely light pink tones and silvers in tiny 2mm beads. I separated these small beads from the mix to use for my rose!
For this make you will need:
– ROSEMIX – x2
HOW TO MAKE A PETAL AND LEAF –
7. Repeat this process until you have 5 petals and 3 leaves.
8. Make 2 smaller petals for the inside of the rose using the same pattern as above, but stopping at 8 rose seed beads instead of 14.
– Feel free to make even smaller petals to fill out the centre of the rose!
9. Wrap all the petals wires together to create the stem, try to keep the wrapping quite neat and tight.
10. Wrap the leaf wires tightly around the stem and arrange your petals and leaves into the positions you want.
… and there you have your finished beaded rose!
Why not trim and decorate the wire stem with a thin ribbon to make a really cute gift, or make a whole bouquet of roses in different pastel tones!
I hope this tutorial inspires you to adapt, personalise and make your own unique designs!
Enjoy creating your own beaded flowers!