This week’s tutorial is part of the huge choker trend that continues to dominate jewellery fashion. I’ve been inspired by one of our latest products to create a different look from the all-too-familiar tattoo-style, elastic choker that’s back from the 90s goth/grunge trend. You see them everywhere right? Make your own using our new linen cord and delicate sterling silver feather charms, also featured in my Feather Wrap Bracelet project.
Black Braided Double Ring Linen Cord (TC0176)
Sterling Silver 925 Small Feather Charm Pk2 (SS394)
Silver Plated Cord Ends (F0646)
Silver Plated Jump Rings 4mm (F1020)
Antique Silver Lobster Clasp (F850)
Fevi Kwik Glue (W271)
- Measure the length of ribbon tight against your neck.
- Minus 1 inch from the length and cut the cord.
- Apply a drop of glue to the ends to make it stiffer and prevent it from fraying.
- Insert them into the cord ends and fold the ends over the cord using your flat nose pliers.
- Attach a jumpring through the loop of each cord end.
- On one side add a lobster clasp.
- On the opposite side attach your extension chain to the cord end with a jumpring.
- Connect a feather charm onto the end of your extension chain.
- Find the middle of your choker and attach the feather charm through the bottom loop of the cord with a jumpring.