This week’s mini-make project is made by our warehouse manager, Jo! She’s picked out some sparkly Swarovski chatons in one of Pantone’s trending colours for summer ‘Flame’. Jo has used this rich orange to give her tassel-like earrings a pretty pop of summer sunset colour.
SILVER PLATED CLEAR CRYSTAL ROUND CHARM
ANTIQUE SILVER ZAMAK SS29 CHATON CHARM
SILVER PLATED FINE CABLE CHAIN 2MM 1METRE
SILVER TONE CLEAR CRYSTAL EAR POSTS WITH LOOP & BACKS 1XPAIR
SILVER PLATED IRON JUMPRINGS 4MM 0.8MM THICK PK100
SWAROVSKI CRYSTAL CHATON SS29 6MM PADPARADSCHA F PK6
- To make your first earring cut some lengths of chain to the following measurements: 4x 2.5 inches long, 1x 2 inch, 1x 0.75 inches and 1x 1 inch.
- Attach a jumpring to the bottom loop of the earring post.
- Take the four pieces of 2.5 inces of chain and attach each end to a jumpring and connect the jumpring to the jumpring on the earring post.
- On the longest piece of chain, attach your sparkly crystal charm.
- Attach one of the chaton charms to the 2 inch piece of chain and another charm to the 0.75 inch piece of chain.
- Open a new jumpring and put your three pieces of chain with their charms onto it and attach it to the jumpring on the earring so that it sits in front of the chain.
- Glue the crystals into the charm settings and allow them to fully dry. Repeat these steps to make your second earring.