Last week we made a Crystal Wisdom Pendant Necklace with the stunning NEW amethyst pendants that just arrived, and now we have faceted amethyst beads to match! Their unique, faceted shape give them a super sparkly look and you can pick them up in two sizes. Choose from 6mm or 8mm beads as a pack of 20 or a 15-inch strand. For this week’s project, I’ve contrasted the amethyst beads with rose gold plated findings and nugget beads. The curved tube bead and Swarovski crystal really give the bracelet a glamorous edge! Why not make a few for Christmas? Wrap it up special and it’ll make the perfect gift!
Amethyst Faceted Round Semi-Precious Beads 6mm Pk20 (EX514)
Rose Gold Plated Small Nugget Beads 4x6mm Pk10 (MB785)
Rose Gold Plated Curved Tube Bead 50x4mm (MB635)
Rose Gold Plated Zamak Charm Setting (CR952)
Swarovski Crystal Flat Back SS34 7mm Tanzanite F (AC1237)
Stretch Magic Elastic 1mm Clear 5m (TC333)
Rose Gold Plated Iron Headpins (F0556)
Rose Gold Plated Iron Jumpring 6mm (F0566)
Fevi Kwik Glue (W311)
- Cut a 50cm length of elastic and thread on your curved tube so that it sits in the middle.
- On one side, string 1 amethyst bead then 1 rose gold nugget bead and repeat this four more times.
- String on four more amethyst bead and then repeat the bead pattern for the opposite side.
- Check the length of your bracelet and remove a couple of amethyst beads if necessary.
- Tie the ends of the elastic in a double knot and snip away the elastic ends.
- For extra security, you can add a drop of Fevi Kwik glue or nail varnish to secure the knot.
- Thread an amethyst bead onto a headpin, trim and loop the top.
- Close the loop onto the charm setting.
- Open a jumpring and put it through the loop of the headpin.
- Close the jumpring onto the tube bead of the bracelet and glue the Swarovski crystal into the charm setting.
Share your designs on Instagram! #minimakemonday @Beadsdirect